March 2019 - To mark International Women’s Day, Le Cordon Bleu institute will focus on women, from a variety of backgrounds, who have turned their passion into their profession.
Conference by Denis Saillard, professor and consultant on Le Cordon Bleu Advanced Studies in Taste (HEG) programme:
How, in the aftermath of the Second World War, did three famous chefs, one English, one American and one French, all of whom trained at Le Cordon Bleu Paris, play a key role in disseminating French cuisine throughout the United States? Dione Lucas, Julia Child and Madeleine Kamman embarked on three extraordinary journeys, breaking down the barriers of habits and pre-conceived ideas. An ode to creativity and freedom.
Speeches and sharing experiences, presentation of Le Cordon Bleu alumni & Le Cordon Bleu institute female employees and tastings:
- Alexandra Didier (Ukraine), Cuisine Chef at Le Cordon Bleu Paris institute
- Mary O'Leary Barjou (United States), private Chef, Le Cordon Bleu Cuisine Diploma 2014
- Soyoun Park (Korea), Pastry Chef at Le Cordon Bleu Paris institute
- Sibel Pinto (Turkey), Chef, researcher and writer specialised in Mediterranean cuisine, Advanced Studies in Taste (HEG) alumna 2008
- Julia Barzyk-Brommer (France), Le Cordon Bleu Paris 2017 Wine & Management Diploma Graduate, and Domaine de la Pâturie Director.
Reservation below compulsory before 02 March
Thursday 7 March 2019 at 6.30pm
Address : Institut Le Cordon Bleu Paris - 13-15 Quai André Citroën, Paris 15ème
Metro : Javel- André Citroën (L10) / Charles Michels (L10)
Parking : Convention - 98 Rue de la Convention, Paris 15ème