The Wine and Management Programme is divided into three parts:
1. Theoretical and practical teaching in Wine
- Study of viticultural countries - This part of the programme is spread over the six months and focuses on French wines with an overview of vineyards in Europe.
Subjects covered include cultivation techniques, associated climate and terroir as well as the winegrowing producers of each region. Students will have the chance to taste a representative selection of wines from each vineyard during the many professional tasting sessions organized at the Institute and wine fairs.
- Food & Wine pairing - during culinary demonstrations by Le Cordon Bleu Chefs, Wine & Management students will actively participate in food and wine pairing workshops in order to highlight the identity of Le Cordon Bleu and link the culinary and wine worlds together.
- Lectures, wine conferences - Several experts in the field (sommeliers, wine brokers, wine growers, speakers, wine merchants etc) will provide students with the most up-to-date and comprehensive information in an ever-evolving discipline.
- A full immersion in the world of wine during the French harvest season is organized. Students join in the harvest alongside French winemakers.
- Educational trips to French vineyards – These field trips give students the chance to discover the many facets of French vineyards and learn more about the history, the terroir, the economy, the way in which the wine industry is organized and the secrets of production of different wines.
2. Project Management
This part of the programme is tailored for our students to develop and nurture their professional projects: Experts in the field of Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Finance, Logistics and Wine tourism tutor our students to assist them into realizing their professional dreams.
3. An internship in a wine-related establishment
From March to June, a 16-week internship period in a wine related establishment in relation to the professional project of the student, such as:
Hotels and Restaurants: Les Ambassadeurs (Crillon Hotel's restaurant), Drouant Restaurant, Le Sur Mesure (Mandarin Oriental Hotel's restaurant), La Tour d’Argent, Lasserre Restaurant, La Table du Baltimore (Baltimore Hotel's restaurant), Le Meurice Hotel, Le Bistrot du Sommelier, Le Jules Verne, Georges V, Frenchie, Le Petit Sommelier
Wine bars and wine cellars: O Château, Wine by One, Caves Legrand
Wine producers, specialized firms and organizations: Duval Leroy, AOC International, France Boissons
Wine tourism agencies: Wine Chic Travel, Wine Passport, A La Francaise
Wine agents agencies: Valade and Transandine, Vinhop
Wine communication and journalism: La Revue des Vins de France, Bettane & Desseauve