Traditional Breadbaking - 4 days
Rival traditional French bakeries as you learn the secret techniques of making bread and pastries during this specialized course. A Le Cordon Bleu Chef will teach you the uses of fresh yeast, the different types and qualities of flour, and how to master the various stages of bread baking. You will prepare flavored breads, croissants and other Danish pastries as well as other traditional loaves. All necessary ingredients and equipment are provided, and you take home your day’s work.
On the agenda:
- Information on the various flours - calculation of the basic temperatures depending on the method used, calculation of the water temperature
- Information regarding yeasts and improving agents
- Baguette (white bread), small breads and hand kneaded baguette
- Whole-wheat bread
- Country style bread with fermented dough
- Fabrication of a yeast-based starter
- Traditonal baguette made with poolish
- Mixed fermentation using a yeast-based starter
- Milk bread baguettes
- Nutritional granary bread
- Brié bread
- Fabrication of Brioche dough for day 3
- Walnut raisin bread
- Cheese bread
- Rye bread
- Croissants and chocolate rolls
- Country-style bread with natural leaven
- Stripy sandwich bread
Workshops start at 2pm and finish at 8pm.
Workshop translated into English.
An apron, a tea towel and a cooler bag will be provided before the class. Utensils and knives will be loaned for the duration of the workshop.
Enjoy a 10% discount on Le Cordon Bleu products at La Boutique (5% off only on books) the day of your workshop.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Approximately 6 hours per day with break.
Book your seat now:
Price: € 990.00
Duration: 4 days