Introduction to French pâtisserie
- Basic doughs
- Introduction to creams and fillings
- Traditional desserts and cakes
- Classical techniques, basic decoration
- Masking anbd glaçage Introduction to yeast doughs (croissants & brioches)
- Basic French Pâtisserie terminology
- Working with a pastry bag: How to use one
- Discover different decorations
- Working with a paper cone
- Pastry lining for tarts: Assembling cakes
- Essential creams: Making a variety of different creams: Diplomat pastry cream, Chantilly
- Discover chocolate decorations: Initiation to simple chocolate decorations
Demonstration classes are translated into English. Intensive programmes have the same curriculum as the full length programmes. Since these programs are accelerated, students can only take one discipline at a time: cuisine or pâtisserie. Scheduling is up to 6 days a week and 6 to 12 hours of courses daily.
In addition to onsite and practical courses, 8 videos per certificate are made available throughout the term for the student, i.e. 20 hours of digital pedagogy, integrated and available on the educational interface. The student will also benefit from theoretical course materials and videos of additional technical expertises.
Note: In the case of a full session, a waiting list is automatically opened. Please contact the admissions department: parisadmissions(@)cordonbleu.edu