This diploma focuses on the creation of elaborate dishes from plant-based foods only, providing a large creative repertoire around products, culinary skills and recipes.
The programme associates traditional culinary techniques with plant-based products only. As part of the program, the students will explore a wide range of vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, grains and pulses, whilst acquiring specialized knowledge about food categories and innovative culinary practices.
The programme is specially designed in response to an increasing demand of plant-based, vegetarian and vegan restaurants.
- Demonstrate fundamental culinary preparations and techniques in plant-based culinary arts
- Apply health, safety and hygiene regulations for professional kitchens
- Identify a wide range of vegetables, legumes, grains and Plant-Based produce and culinary terms
- Demonstrate recipe construction techniques
- Develop flavor profiles and apply sensory analysis techniques
- Construct dishes which apply the principles of plant-based culinary arts