To begin their training, students familiarize themselves with the equipment used in boulangerie.
After an introduction to the rules of hygiene and baking, students will learn to work with the different types of flour used in France and learn the different techniques for kneading dough, manually and three different
mechanical kneading methods.
The programme also includes making bread and viennoiseries (Danish pastries) and an initiation in boulangerie decoration.
This level includes an introduction to working with doughs made with a fermented dough starter and a "poolish" (a type of pre-fermentation).
Courses are given in French and translated into English.
Welcome to ParisProgrammes & CoursesHospitality Management Diplomas
Culinary Arts Diplomas
- Bachelor of Business in Culinary Arts
- Bachelor of Business in International Hospitality Management
- Art, Science & Wine Management Diploma
Culinary coursesStudent LifeStudents in Paris
- Grand Diplôme ® - Cuisine and Pastry Diploma
- Cuisine Diploma
- Pastry Diploma
- Boulangerie Diploma
- Pastry and Boulangerie Diplomas
- DUGGAT - Advanced Studies in Taste and Gastronomy
- Chefs instructors and Professors
- Campus and equipment
- Students testimonials
- Internships and industry partners
- Guest chefs in cuisine and pastry
- Class patrons in the spotlight
- Life in Paris
- Our Story
- News and Events