Please note it is also possible to apply for the certificates individually, beginning with Basic Cuisine.
- Basic Cuisine Certificate
This certificate introduces to the basic French cooking techniques. In this initial programme you will learn:
- Classical cooking techniques including professional knife skills, fish filleting, introduction to plating presentation…
- Elementary methods of cooking and basic cuisine preparations
- Introduction to wine and cheese knowledge
- Food safety and hygiene in the kitchen
- Personal kitchen organisation and management skills
Students who wish to apply simultaneously for both Basic Cuisine and Basic Pâtisserie certificates should contact us directly.
- Intermediate Cuisine Certificate
Prerequisite: Basic Cuisine Certificate
An introduction to classicFrench regional dishes and European cuisine techniques, through which you will apply the techniques introduced during the basic level certificate.
- The importance of mise en place: understanding, organisation and production
- Comprehensive study of classical cuisine and French regional cuisine
- European culinary techniques and cuisine
- Enhanced knowledge of professional kitchen skills
- Food and wine pairing
- Superior Cuisine Certificate
Prerequisite: Intermediate Cuisine Certificate
Confident in classic French culinary techniques, you are encouraged to be more creative in both taste and presentation and learn more about the current evolution of worldwide cuisine techniques.
- Extending classical and contemporary cooking techniques
- Analyse wine and food pairing
- Seasonal and market influences on cuisine
- Recipe production with rare, high quality produce
- Precision and efficiency in the kitchen
This professional cooking course also includes a number of important and fundamental Pâtisserie techniques, that will be applied to sweet and savoury dishes. This is one of the most comprehensive diplomas you will find in the world.