Turkish cuisine reflects the history of the land - the ingredients and flavours of Turkey are a mixture of Central Asian, Middle Eastern and Balkan cuisines, so it is no surprise that the food is fresh and full of flavour.
This 1-day course is an introduction to the key ingredients used in Turkish cuisine. Under the expert guidance of a Le Cordon Bleu chef, you will learn how to make and execute perfect Turkish dishes, learning key Le Cordon Bleu techniques, and knife skills along the way.
Dishes taught on the course:
- Şakşuka – Soft-coddled egg in a spicy tomato and pepper sauce
- Kıkırdaklı Domates Çorbası – roasted tomato soup with rice and chilli
- Peynirli yumurtalı pide – Cheese and egg flatbread
- Karnıyarık – Stuffed aubergines with beef and tomato
This class is part of our Culinary Voyage series, which features a different exciting world cuisine in each class. Choose from Spanish, Lebanese, Peruvian, Brazilian and Turkish cuisines.
Want to learn more about Turkish cuisine?
You can immerse yourself in Turkish culture and its cuisine by studying at Le Cordon Bleu Istanbul.
Your day will be a mixture of in-kitchen demonstrations performed by the chef who is running the session and hands-on practical cookery, where you are guided by the expert teaching chef. The exact format will vary from class to class depending on the style of cuisine and length of the course.
Included in the price:
- Recipe booklet
- Tea towel
- All ingredients
- All cooking equipment and teaching resources are provided in our kitchen for use on the day.
What you need to bring:
- Sensible, flat-soled shoes. Open toes are not advised
- Tupperware to transport your products home
Purchasing as a gift?
If looking to purchase this course as a gift for someone, it is advisable to purchase a Gift Card to the value of this course instead. This can be redeemed on this course, or any of our other short courses, or at La Boutique and Café Le Cordon Bleu London.