Immerse yourself in the vibrant gastronomy of Spain as our chef takes you on a culinary journey of the cuisine.
In this 1-day course, our chef will teach you essential Spanish techniques and apply them to make delectable Spanish seafood, traditional Spanish fritters and a regional dessert. Drawing on the teachings of Le Cordon Bleu Madrid's Spanish Cuisine Diploma, students will experience traditional Spanish cuisine, but the techniques learnt will apply across the breadth of world cuisine.
Dishes taught on the course:
- Tortilla de patatas – Spanish omelette (demo only)
- Pimientos del Padrón - Padron peppers
- Buñuelos de bacalao con salsa tártara – Salt cod fritters with tartare sauce
- Pulpo á feira con cachelos – Fairground–style octopus with potatoes
- Leche frita – Fried milk with caramelized hazelnuts and red grape syrup
This class is part of our Culinary Voyage series, which features a different exciting world cuisine in each class. Choose from Brazilian, Lebanese, Peruvian, Turkish and Spanish cuisines.
Want to learn more about Spanish cuisine?
Le Cordon Bleu Madrid offers a well recognised Spanish Cuisine Diploma which provides a tour of the regional specialities, as well as applying a creative twist to the traditional cuisine.
Your day will be a mixture of in-kitchen demonstrations performed by the chef who is running the session and hands-on practical cookery, where you are guided by the expert teaching chef. The exact format will vary from class to class depending on the style of cuisine and length of the course.
Included in the price:
- 6-hour practical workshop (including 30 minute break)
- Recipe booklet
- Tea towel
- All ingredients
- All cooking equipment and teaching resources are provided in our kitchen for use on the day.
What you need to bring:
- Sensible, flat-soled shoes. Open toes are not advised
- Tupperware to transport your products home
Purchasing as a gift?
If looking to purchase this course as a gift for someone, it is advisable to purchase a Gift Card to the value of this course instead. This can be redeemed on this course, or any of our other short courses, or at La Boutique and Café Le Cordon Bleu London.