Explore the techniques used to create themed showpieces. The course will cover advanced techniques such as casting, pulling, blowing, mould making, complimentary colour design schemes, floral arts, symmetry, presentation staging and storage.
This professional course is aimed at those looking to develop their artistic skills in a practical environment.
Content of our Sugar Art Essentials Techniques course:
- Introduction to sugar cooking
- Introduction to sugar pulling
- Production of sugar flowers
- Production of sugar ribbons, rubans
- Storage and use of drying agent
- Introduction to sugar casting, poured sugar and silicone mould usage
- Assembly techniques, eye line and balance, practicality and layout
- Final centrepiece assembly using the items previously produced
- Storage and display techniques
Maximum of 8 participants working at their own station.
Duration: 9 hours per day (including breaks) | 3 days
Included in the fees: All ingredients, equipment, a handout, an apron and tea towel. However you will need to provide a chefs jacket, trousers and safety shoes to wear during classes.
Entry Requirements: Prior kitchen experience or professional certification is required, and sugar work experience is recommended but not essential.
Next course dates:
- 20/03/2019 to 22/03/2019: Wednesday to Friday 8.00am - 5.30pm - Sold out
- 16/09/2019 to 18/09/2019: Monday to Wednesday 8.00am - 5.30pm