Using the finest produce you will cook your way around Asia, discovering new ingredients and exciting flavour combinations during four fantastic days of cooking. This cooking course is designed for food lovers, where each day a different Asian country is explored and local specialities recreated. Under the guidance of one of our Chefs you will discover the skills of balancing flavours whilst also learning fundamental Asian cooking techniques.
During this four-day cooking course, you will explore the following cuisine:
Day 1 - Thailand
- Red curry paste
- Tom Yum Koong soup ( Spicy prawn soup with lemon grass)
- Thai-style red curry with Jasmine rice
- Thai fish cakes
Day 2 - Japan
- Katsuo dashi (Basic dashi stock)
- Gyoza dumplings
- Green beans salad with sesame dressing
- Miso soup with tofu and enoki mushrooms
- Sushi – Maki
- Squid tempura
Day 3 - India
- Tandoori chicken
- Madras lamb curry
- Pilau rice with raisins and almonds
- Naan bread
- Mint and coriander chutney
Day 4 - China
- Peking duck
- Spicy Dan Dan noodles with beef and bok choy
- Spring rolls
All cooking equipment and teaching resources are provided in our practical kitchen for use on the day. Teaching sessions take place between the same times each day and are inclusive of a 30 minute break. No prior knowledge is required for this course, which is suitable for both novices and cooks with some experience. All of the food created during the day is yours to take home with you.
Maximum of 16 participants working at their own station.
Your day will be a mixture of in-kitchen demonstrations performed by the chef who is running the session and hands-on practical cookery, where you are guided by the expert teaching chef. The exact format will vary from class to class depending on the style of cuisine and length of the course.
Included in the price:
- 4 x 6 hour weekly group cooking classes
- Recipe booklet
- Tea towel
- All ingredients
- All cooking equipment and teaching resources are provided in our kitchen for use on the day.
What you need to bring:
- Sensible, flat-soled shoes. Open toes are not advised
- Tupperware to transport your products home
Purchasing as a gift?
If looking to purchase this course as a gift for someone, it is advisable to purchase a Gift Card to the value of this course instead. This can be redeemed on this course, or any of our other short courses, or at La Boutique and Café Le Cordon Bleu London.