Explore Italian cuisine in this 3-hour class focussed on the preparation of fresh pasta.
In this class, you will learn how to make fresh pasta dough, make Cappellacci dumplings and a squash filling to accompany them, cook fresh pasta, cook dry pasta and make pasta sauces.
In this class, you will make:
- Cappellacci di Zucca al Burro e Salvia – Butternut squash, almond and lemon dumplings in a sage butter sauce
- Penne with crispy guanciale, caramelized balsamic onions and cherry tomatoes
This is a regional recipe from the Ferrara province, in the Emilia Romagna region with quite ancient origins. The first recorded recipe of a dumpling stuffed with squash dates to the year 1582, although they were called “tortelli”, meaning originally small pies. Born from the necessity of the peasants to get a substantial meal from the poor available ingredients, they became part of the local tradition.
Everything you make is yours to enjoy on the day or take away with you. No prior knowledge is required for this course and it is suitable for both novices and cooks with some experience.
Your day will be a mixture of in-kitchen demonstrations performed by the chef who is running the session and hands-on practical cookery, where you are guided by the expert teaching chef. The exact format will vary from class to class depending on the style of cuisine and length of the course.
Included in the price:
- 3-hour group practical lesson
- Recipe booklet
- Tea towel
- All ingredients
- All cooking equipment and teaching resources are provided in our kitchen for use on the day.
What you need to bring:
- Sensible, flat-soled shoes. Open toes are not advised
- Tupperware to transport your products home
Purchasing as a gift?
If looking to purchase this course as a gift for someone, it is advisable to purchase a Gift Card to the value of this course instead. This can be redeemed on this course, or any of our other short courses, or at La Boutique and Café Le Cordon Bleu London.