In our summer wine tasting course Summer Wine Essentials, you will learn a systematic approach to wine tasting, alongside sensory analysis, viticulture and winemaking techniques, wine legislation, food and wine pairing, storing and serving wine, and the ageing process.
By the end of this master class you will have built a sound knowledge of wine and a more discerning palate by focusing on the tasting and key steps of winemaking. Over five consecutive days, you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the best wine professionals in a lively, friendly but studious atmosphere, where students are encouraged to actively participate in the discussions.
Summer Wine Essentials is composed of five classes of seven hours each, held on consecutive days throughout the week.
- Difficulty Level: this course caters for amateurs and wine enthusiasts
- About 70 wines will be tasted
- Daily Monday - Friday, 10:30am - 5.30pm (1 hour break)
Course content includes:
- The art of wine tasting
- Annual life cycle of the vine
- Sparkling, white, red, rose, sweet and fortified winemaking
- Regulation and labelling
- Food and wine pairing
- Ageing, storing and wine serving temperature
- Includes excursion or field trip
Overseen by Matthieu Longuere MS, Le Cordon Bleu London wine master classes aim to provide a better understanding and appreciation of wine through the study of some key winemaking processes, regions and relevant topics such as food and wine pairing.