Modern and Classic Sauces
Sauces are the foundation of French gastronomy and many other international cuisine styles. In this cookery course, our Chefs will lead you through the preparation of a number of classic and modern variations. You will learn to create an essential range of sauces, stocks, emulsions and coulis to complement a wide variety of dishes.
Content for our Modern and Classic Sauces course:
- Mother sauces (e.g. béchamel)
- Secondary sauces (e.g. bordelaise)
- Modern style sauces (e.g. cucumber and mint espuma)
- Basic sauces (e.g. beurre blanc)
- Sweet sauces (e.g. crème Anglaise)
- Basic stocks (e.g. white chicken stock)
- Emulsions (e.g. mayonnaise, vinaigrette)
- Fruit & vegetable coulis (e.g. parsley coulis, raspberry coulis)
Included in the price:
A six-hour group practical lesson (inclusive of a 30 minute break), all ingredients, an apron and tea towel. All cooking equipment and teaching resources are also provided in our kitchen for use on the day. No prior knowledge is required for this course, which is suitable for both novices and cooks with some experience. All of the food created during the day is yours to take home with you.
Maximum of 16 participants working at their own station.
Price: £ 195.00
Duration: 1 day
Session added successfully.
Course: Modern and Classic Sauces