Sauces are the foundation of French gastronomy and many other international cuisine styles. In this cookery course, our Chefs will lead you through the preparation of a number of classic and modern variations. You will learn to create an essential range of sauces, stocks and emulsions to complement a wide variety of dishes.
Content for our Modern and Classic Sauces course:
- Mother sauces (e.g. béchamel)
- Alcohol-based sauces (e.g. bordelaise)
- Modern style sauces (e.g. cucumber and mint espuma)
- Basic stocks (e.g. white chicken stock)
- Emulsions (e.g. mayonnaise)
No prior knowledge is required for this course, which is suitable for both novices and cooks with some experience. All of the food created during the day is yours to take home with you.
Your day will be a mixture of in-kitchen demonstrations performed by the chef who is running the session and hands-on practical cookery, where you are guided by the expert teaching chef. The exact format will vary from class to class depending on the style of cuisine and length of the course.
Included in the price:
- 6-hour group practical lesson (inclusive of a 30 minute break)
- Recipe booklet
- Tea towel
- All ingredients
- All cooking equipment and teaching resources are provided in our kitchen for use on the day.
What you need to bring:
- Sensible, flat-soled shoes. Open toes are not advised
- Tupperware to transport your products home
Purchasing as a gift?
If looking to purchase this course as a gift for someone, it is advisable to purchase a Gift Card to the value of this course instead. This can be redeemed on this course, or any of our other short courses, or at La Boutique and Café Le Cordon Bleu London.