This workshop at Le Cordon Bleu London is the ultimate chef knife skills course for the home cook and gourmet enthusiast. Under the guidance of a Master Chef you'll learn the essential skills needed when handling vegetables and fish, as well as basic safety for handling knives in the kitchen.
Content of our 3 hour practical class includes:
- How to select knives
- How to handle knives
- How to sharpen and store knives
- Classic vegetable cuts - julienne, brunoise, paysanne, chiffonade, etc
- How to fillet a fish
- How to use all these techniques to complete a dish
No prior knowledge is required for this course, which is suitable for both novices and cooks with some experience.
Maximum of 16 participants working at their own station.
Your day will be a mixture of in-kitchen demonstrations performed by the chef who is running the session and hands-on practical cookery, where you are guided by the expert teaching chef. The exact format will vary from class to class depending on the style of cuisine and length of the course.
Included in the price:
- A two and half hour practical session
- Recipe booklet
- Tea towel
- All ingredients
- All cooking equipment and teaching resources are provided in our kitchen for use on the day.
What you need to bring:
- Sensible, flat-soled shoes. Open toes are not advised
- Tupperware to transport your products home
Purchasing as a gift?
If looking to purchase this course as a gift for someone, it is advisable to purchase a Gift Card to the value of this course instead. This can be redeemed on this course, or any of our other short courses, or at La Boutique and Café Le Cordon Bleu London.