Using the finest produce you will cook your way around Asia, discovering new ingredients and exciting flavour combinations during three fantastic days of cooking. This cookery course is designed for food lovers, where each day a different Asian country is explored and local specialities recreated. Under the guidance of one of our Master Chefs you will discover the skills of balancing flavours whilst also learning fundamental Asian cooking techniques.
During this three-day cooking course, you will explore the following cuisine:
Day 1 - Malaysia / Indonesia:
- Sauces: Making a peanut sauce
- Beef: Preparing, marinating and cooking beef satay
- Poultry: Making a Malaysian spiced chicken curry
- Rice: Boiling and frying a traditional style rice dish
- Fruits: Making a steamed fruit cake
Day 2 - Thailand:
- Spices: Making a traditional Thai red curry paste
- Vegetables: Making a vegetable Thai curry
- Rice: Steaming Thai jasmine rice
- White Fish: Preparing traditionally spiced fish cakes*
- Sauces: Making a Thai dipping sauce
Day 3 - Japan:
- Stocks: Making a traditional Japanese Dashi stock
- Soups: Making Miso soup
- Sushi: Preparing and rolling sushi maki*
- Dumplings: Making Japanese pork and shrimp dumplings*
*This produce is subject to change dependent on market availability.
Included in the price:
All ingredients, an apron and tea towel. All cooking equipment and teaching resources are provided in our kitchen for use on the day. Teaching sessions take place between 8am and 2.00pm (inclusive of a 30 minute break). No prior knowledge is required for this course, which is suitable for both novices and cooks with some experience. All of the food created during the day is yours to take home with you.
Maximum of 16 participants working at their own station.
This course is now fully booked. Please click on the button below to be added to the waiting list.