The development and perfection of essential artistic skills are the main focus of Intermediate Pâtisserie. During the three months of the course, you will:
- implement all the basic techniques learned and apply them to fundamental advanced pâtisserie and bakery preparation techniques including:
- chocolate piping techniques
- elementary cake decoration
- introduction to sugar work
- introduction to viennoiserie e.g. brioche, croissant
- developing chocolate skills
- classical French entremets
- introduction to hot and cold plated desserts
- French boulangerie techniques
- chocolate centrepiece skills
- tempering technique
- follow health, safety and hygiene regulations
- food and wine pairing
- deepen your personal kitchen organisation and management skills.
Le Cordon Bleu’s unrivalled teaching methods are based on learning and understanding classical cooking techniques through practice and discipline, and once mastered, can be applied to any cuisine in the world. The Intermediate Pâtisserie Certificate combines demonstrations and hands-on practical classes in professionally equipped kitchens.