Boulangerie Techniques Essentials
Learn essential baking techniques in this 2-day course which is the perfect introduction to understanding key baking techniques. The course explores using fresh yeast in bread doughs, mixing methods, understanding fermentation, as well as process and shaping of a variety of classic French bakery items.
Whether you are a baking enthusiast wishing to learn the correct essential baking techniques or a complete novice taking your first steps into the world of baking, Boulangerie Essentials Techniques is the perfect course to gain the essential baking knowledge required to hone your skills.
By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Understand how to use fresh yeast in the production of a variety of bread doughs.
- Select and use a variety of flours to produce artisan bakery products.
- Understand how to use the straight dough mixing method and use for yeast doughs.
- Understand how to use and maintain a poolish pre-fermented starter in the production of bread dough.
- Use professional equipment to achieve artisan finishes in bakery products.
- Understand how to use delayed fermentation to achieve flavoursome breads.
- Scale, process and shape a variety of classic French bakery items.
- Apply the appropriate chilling, proving and baking steps to a variety of classic French bakery products.
- Understand the traditional 12-step process applied to yeasted bakery products.
- Understand how to use the bassinage technique for high-hydration doughs
You will be able to take home your creations to enjoy at the end of the course. Items to take home will include: sesame baguettes, pains de campagne, focaccia, seeded multigrain loaves, fruit pave loaves, rye bread with oats and apple and minimal mixing pave loaves.
Session added successfully.
Course: Boulangerie Techniques Essentials