Learn how to make delicious traditional bread products with our Artisan French Baking short course.
Over one and a half days you will discover how to bake classic French bakery items such as baguettes, rye bread and pain epis. You will learn a variety of techniques used in bakery production, including use of fresh yeast, how to use different types of flour and professional equipment.
At the end of the course you will have made a selection of beautiful artisan bakery items to enjoy at home.
In this course you will make:
- Liquid pre-fermentation (for use after class)
- 3 x traditional baguettes
- 2 x bacon and mustard epis
- 3 x confit garlic and rosemary fougasse
- 2 x pain de siegle (rye bread loaves, boule and pave shape)
- 2 x pain complete (wholemeal bread loaves, batard and scored shape)
Your day will be a mixture of in-kitchen demonstrations performed by the chef who is running the session and hands-on practical cookery, where you are guided by the expert teaching chef. The exact format will vary from class to class depending on the style of cuisine and length of the course.
Included in the price:
- Recipe booklet
- Tea towel
- All ingredients
- All cooking equipment and teaching resources are provided in our kitchen for use on the day.
What you need to bring:
- Sensible, flat-soled shoes. Open toes are not advised
- Tupperware to transport your products home
Purchasing as a gift?
If looking to purchase this course as a gift for someone, it is advisable to purchase a Gift Card to the value of this course instead. This can be redeemed on this course, or any of our other short courses, or at La Boutique and Café Le Cordon Bleu London.