This page contains content from our previous website. To learn more about us, check out our new website.
Increase font size  Decrease font size
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

We realize that you may have questions and we hope that the questions outlined below, will help address your concerns/doubts. Select the relevant categories and browse the questions within them. You may also use the "Filter" for a quick search; just type in the keyword/phrase related to your question.

If there additional inquiries, we would love to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly.


View All   Close All

I am serious about becoming a Chef and opening my own restaurant - what is the best course for me?
We recommend the Grand Diplôme® for comprehensive and intensive training in Cuisine and Pâtisserie. If you prefer to specialize in just one of them, choose the Diplôme de Cuisine or the Diplôme de Pâtisserie.
Are courses held in the evening or on Saturday?
Whilst the majority of classes are during week days, there is a good chance of occasional evenings or saturdays.
What is the difference between the intensive and non-intensive programmes?
If you are short on time but have lots of energy, you can take our basic, intermediate or superior-level certificate programs in less than 6 weeks. Scheduling permits only one intensive certificate course at a time, in either cuisine or pâtisserie.
I am not sure if I want to do the whole diploma course, what should I do?
Simply apply for one of the Basic-level certificate courses. It will give you an excellent grounding in cuisine or patisserie and based on availability you can always continue the next levels in the future time. In this case you will not be eligible for the tuition advantage.
Do I have to choose between Cuisine and Pâtisserie?
Absolutely not ! Depending on your professional projects, but for complete training, Le Cordon Bleu encourages students to study both cuisine and pâtisserie.
May I enroll on Basic Cuisine and Intermediate Pâtisserie at the same time?
No, only cuisine and patisserie courses at the same level - Basic, Intermediate, Superior - can be taken simultaneously.
If I decide to do the Diplôme or Grand Diplôme® – is there some kind of discount?
The Diplôme and the Grand Diplôme® are the best formula for the ambitious student in search of a time effective culinary education. A Diplôme or Grand Diplôme® also gives a significant tuition advantage compared to enrolling for each certificate separately.
Is a carte de séjour (French residency permit) necessary?
Yes, if you plan to stay in France more than three months. Please read correspondence from Le Cordon Bleu carefully to make sure you apply for the Visa that will allow you to obtain a “carte de séjour” upon arrival.
How do I obtain information about visas?
The best source of accurate French visa information is the Internet : or your local French Embassy or Consulate. Entering students are encouraged to apply for visas several weeks prior to departure.
Is a French insurance plan necessary?
It does not matter if it is French or not, as long as cover (accident, illness, liability) is international and valid for the period of your training at Le Cordon Bleu. Proof of insurance may be necessary in order to obtain a visa. We strongly recommend that all students have medical insurance.