Prerequisite: Basic Cuisine Certificate
The Intermediate Cuisine certificate introduces you to classic French regional dishes and European cuisine techniques, through which you will apply the techniques introduced during the Basic Cuisine certificate course.
Through practice and repetition, you'll begin to perform tasks instinctively and with greater ease. Intermediate Cuisine emphasizes the importance of mise en place: understanding, organization and production. Demonstrations highlight various kinds of presentations from platter to plate, and become more menu-oriented, incorporating elements such as planning and timing.
- French and European regional cuisines
- Making full use of assimilated techniques
- Origin, quality and sustainability of seasonal products and products from diverse terroirs
- Organization, hygiene and safety in cuisine
- Advanced cutting and professional techniques
- Introduction to color, taste and texture combinations
- Contemporary cooking techniques
- Awakening the senses to different flavors and mastering seasoning