In a movement against use & abuse of chemical herbicides and insecticides in conventional agriculture, more and more vine grower have turned to biodynamic viticulture. This workshop discusses the philosophy and practices behind biodynamics and proposes a tasting of several wines from key producers of France such as Franck Pascal (Champagne) Marcel Lapierre (Beaujolais), Jean-Marc Brocard (Bourgogne) or Alain Moueix (Bordeaux).
- FRANCK PASCAL Reliance Brut Nature, Champagne A.O.C.
- JM BROCARD Petit Chablis A.O.C
- LA PINTE Arbois Pupillin Melon à Queue Rouge A.O.C.
- MARCEL LAPIERRE Morgon A.O.C.
- DUSEIGNEUR Catarina, Châteauneuf du Pape A.O.C
- DOMAINE VIRET Solstice Red VdF
- La Fleur De Haut - Bages Liberal A.O.C.Pauillac.
- Château Fonroque Grand Cru Classé (Alain Moueix)
Objectives: By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish between “conventional”, “organic”, “biodynamic” and “sustainable” vine growing.
- Discuss the potential long-term benefits of going biodynamic.
- Differentiate between the different certifications & labels.
- Appreciate the organoleptic qualities of biodynamic wines
- Identify key producers and local importers of biodynamic wines.
Total Hours: 2.30 hours
Pre-Requisites: Participants must be 20 years old or more on the first day of class
Date: Friday, 20 July 2018
Time: 18:00 hrs. - 20:30 hrs.
Language Conducted: English
Instructor(s): Mr Eric Leruste, Club Cépage (http://www.clubcepages.com/)
Mr Christophe Mercier, LCBD Wine Instructor
No. of Participants: 12
Course Fee: THB 2,900