Programmes & CoursesCertificate ProgrammesShort CoursesWine & SpiritsYoung ChefOther Programmes
- Our Story
- News & Events
Although the quality of Austrian wines have long been recognised in Europe, in recent years these wines have taken Asian markets by storm. The white wines, especially the peppery Grüner Veltliner are widely considered to be most exciting. There is a growing appreciation for the red wines as well. This workshop will start with a little history and explore the different wine regions. A guided tasting of twelve delicious examples will give participants a comprehensive understanding of the diversity and quality of Austrian wines.
OBJECTIVES: By the end of this course, participants will:
1. Discover the characteristics of key grapes of Austria.
2. Appreciate the influence of micro-climate, soil composition, viticulture, winemaking and maturation.
3. Differentiate between the wines from key regions
- 2015 Grüner Veltliner Radikal, Weinviertel
- 2014 Zieregg Sauvignon Blanc Grosse STK Lage, Südsteiermark
- 2014 Riesling Kamtal DAC Fred Loimer
- 2013 Nussberg Gemischter Satz DAC
- 2012 Weißer Schiefer "M" Südburgenland
- N.V. Fred Loimer Reserve Brut Rosé, Niederösterreich
- 2013 Pinot Noir, Fred Loimer, Langenlois
- 2013 Saint Laurent Gernot Heinrich, Burgenland
- 2011 CARNUNTUM, Muhr-van der Nieport, Carnuntum
- 2015 Zweigelt Gernot Heinrich, Burgenland
- 2013 Arachon T.FX.T, Burgenland
- 2016 Muskat Ottonel Auslese, Kracher, Neusiedlersee
Copyright © 2018 Le Cordon Bleu International B.V. All Rights Reserved.