Wine Studies & Food Pairing
Le Cordon Bleu Dusit
Le Cordon Bleu Dusit is a worldwide leader in gastronomy. As such, it could not ignore Wine, which is an integral component of the modern meal.
This course has been designed for wine enthusiasts looking to improve their wine culture and acquire the keys to appreciate wine with food. Throughout 2 days, participants will discover 6 different styles of wines - Bordeaux, Champagne, Provence Rose, NZ Sauvignon Blanc, Sweet Wine and Chianti, plus tasting and pairing.
Day 1: Introduction to wines / Tasting / Paring
- Course Introduction
- Wine Fundamental
- Introduce in Wine Tasting Process
- Wine Tasting Practice and Wine Paring
This session is an introductory lecture on wine, grape and the wine making process, followed by an initiation to sensory analysis with two tests on flavors and aromas and a first wine tasting & paring of 6 different styles of wines - Bordeaux, Champagne, Provence Rose, NZ Sauvignon Blanc, Sweet Wine and Chianti.
Day 2: Meet the Winemaker - GranMonte Vineyard at Khao Yai
This session includes a field trip to a Thai vineyard to gain a deeper understanding of vine growing, wine making. The visit includes a tasting and a meal in the vineyard.
Instructor: Mr. Sunthorn Lapmul
- WSET (Wine and Spirit Education Trust) Level 3 Advance in Tasting Part
- WSET (Wine and Spirit Education Trust) Level 2 Certified
- Associazione italiana sommelier Training completed in Level 3, 2007-2008
- 20 finals of Thailand Best Sommelier of 2008-2009
- Thailand Sommelier and Gastronomy Training
Date: Tuesday 7th - Wednesday 8th April 2020
Time: 09:00 hrs. - 16:00 hrs.
Language: All workshops are conducted in English with Thai translation
Total Hours: 12 Hours
No. of Participants: 24
- Participants should be at least 20 years old at time of application.