Our Professional Barista Course has been developed and expanded to be more relevant to the needs of those who want to become a professional barista.
The program is a 3-day course that includes learning how to make the perfect espresso shot - the art of milk frothing - and learning how to make the most popular Italian hot and cold coffee items. The course also includes technical aspects such as adjusting coffee grinders and learning essentials of coffee machine main maintenance. This course is ideal for those who have never studied the art of coffee making. By the end of the course, student will be able to master a range of exciting coffee menus in order to open their own coffee shops. Our course is taught in association with Lavazza Thailand.
The school also offers a one-day Latte Art workshop for anyone who wants to expand their coffee knowledge and serve exceptional coffee. This course will develop understanding of the chemistry of milk and the technique to produce some lovely latte art.
— Day 1 —
- Coffee botany, Arabica and Robusta beans, processing and harvesting
- Basic coffee blends, roasting coffee, freshness, storage and life-span
- Grinder types, function and settings
- Defining coffee crema, aroma, acidity, strength, body and after taste
- Tamping techniques and other factors that will affect your coffee
- Troubleshooting, how to spot bad coffee by appearance, smell and taste
- Milk steaming techniques
- The cafe menu; hot and cold beverages
- Café Mocha
- Café Shakerato
- Caramel Latte
- Espresso Con Panna
- Espresso Machiato
- Espresso Shakerato
- Iced Cappuccino
- Iced Caramel Latte
- Iced Coffee
- Iced Latte
- Iced Mocha Latte
- Double Espresso
- Mocha Latte
- A complete coffee machine maintenance knowledge
— Day 2 —
- Collection of mixed coffee drinks (or Make mixed coffee drinks)
- Coffee-making practices
- A practical exams
— Day 3 —
- Assign group work and provide consultation to the students to create their own special menus
- An assignment: to create your own signature drinks
- Certificate conferment ceremony
Total: ฿ 18,000.00
Total Hours: 18 hours
Duration: 3 days
2018 Class Schedule:
- January: Thursday 25, Friday 26 and Saturday 27 (*FULL)
- February: Saturday 3, Saturday 10 and Saturday 17 (*FULL)
- February: Thursday 22, Friday 23 and Saturday 24 (*FULL)
- March: Saturday 3, Saturday 10 and Saturday 17 (*FULL)
- March: Thursday 29, Friday 30 and Saturday 31 ** (*FULL)
- April: Thursday 26, Friday 27 and Saturday 28 (*FULL)
Hours per day: 6 hrs. (9.00 hrs. - 16.00 hrs.)
Language Conducted: Thai except the sessions on ** 29-31 March which will be conducted in English.
No. of Participants: 12
*All participants must meet the 100% attendance requirements to receive the Certificate.
This course is now fully booked. Please click on the button below to be added to the waiting list.