With only 200 years of experience in viticulture and winemaking, Australia has become the 5th largest wine exporter in the world in 2017.
This course will examine the factors responsible for this phenomenal success and explore the wealth of terroirs that Australia has to offer for those looking beyond the labels.
- Historical background and success factors of the Australian wine industry
- Geography, climate, varieties and vineyard sites
- Local importers of quality Australian wines
- Jansz Premium Brut Cuvée Tasmania (NV)
- Tyrell Vat 1 Semillon Hunter Valley, 2012
- Henschke Julius Riesling Eden Valley, 2017
- Henschke Croft Chardonnay Adelaide Hills, 2016
- Timo Mayer Pinot Noir, Bloody Hill, Yarra Valley, 2017
- Jauma Danby Grenache McLaren Vale, 2017
- Jamsheed Syrah Moonambel, Pyrenees, 2011
- Tim Smith Mataro Grenache Syrah Barossa, 2010
- Vasse Felix Cabernet Sauvignon, Margaret River, 2014
- Katnook Founder's Block Cabernet Sauvignon, Coonawara 2011
- Sparkling Shiraz Barossa (NV)
- Cranswick Estate Botrytis Semillon, Big River Zone, 2010
Duration: 3 hours
Date: Saturday 24 November 2018
Time: 13:00 - 16:00 hrs.
Language Conducted: English
No. of Participants: 12
Course Fee: THB 2,900
*Entry Requirement: Participants must be at least 20 years old.