Le Cordon Bleu Dusit Culinary School offers the Art of Bakery Programme, a 240-hour 10 week programme, each term. The course is designed for people who are interested in becoming bakery professionals as well as anyone who simply loves baking and wants to learn more from a comprehensive programme of study. By enrolling in this course, you will learn all the essential skills you need for a successful career in baking. Graduates are awarded the Le Cordon Bleu Certificate in Baking or Diplôme de Boulangerie.
The Art of Bakery programme is taught by a team of highly experienced bakery chefs, which maximises students' learning experience.
The format of The Art of Bakery classes integrates demonstrations and practicals together into a 6 hour workshop session. Students are taught how to make a range of bakery products, including classic French, Italian, German, and American breads, as well as a variety of classic French and European baked goods including: Puff pastries, Croissants, Danishes, Pretzels, Scones as well as Sweet Breads and Stuffed Breads, which are popular in Thailand.
The history of bread making and baking, bread making techniques (both manual and by machine), baking equipment and basic management modules applicable to the commercial baking industry is also covered in this programme.
Various Bread Products
- Classic French Breads: French Traditional Baguette, Ciabatta, Country Bread.
- Sandwich Breads: Rye Sandwich Bread, Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread, Cereal Sandwich Bread, White Sandwich.
- Soft and Enrich Bread: Milk Bread, Viennese bread, Brioche, Challah bread, Kugelhopf, Hokkaido Brioche.
- Laminated Dough: Croissant, Pan Aux Chocolate, Almond Croissant, Coffee Croissant, Danish, Puff Pastries,
- Special Bread: Bran Bread, Walnut Rye Bread, Buck Wheat Bread, Sour Dough
- International Breads: Bagels, Chapati, Pita Bread, Pretzel, Donut, Sangkaya Bun, Scones, Orange Chocolate Bun, Moroccan Bread, Provence bun (Olive, Sundries tomatoes, & Goat Cheese Roll)
- Cookies: Chocolate Chip Cookies, Spritz Cookie, Granola Cookies, Anzac Biscuits
Intake: February l May l July l October
Total Hours: 240 hours
Duration: 10-11 weeks | 3 months
Days per week: 5 days/week
Hours per day: 6 hrs./day
Language Conducted: English with Thai translation
Remark *The schedule is subject to change.