Get Saucy Course
Course Time: 9am – 4pm (1 hour lunch break included)
Where: Le Cordon Bleu NZ, Level 2, 52 Cuba Street, Te Aro, Wellington
Course Includes: Lunch (duck with grattineted vegetables and Tiramisu), All ingredients, cooking equipment and teaching resources are provided in our practical kitchens for your use on the day.
Course Details/Summary: Sauces are the foundation of French gastronomy and many other international cuisine styles. In this course, our Le Cordon Bleu Cuisine Chef will lead you through the preparation of a number of classic and modern variations.
You will learn to create an essential range of sauces, stocks, emulsions and coulis to compliment a wide variety of dishes:
- Mother sauces (e.g. Béchamel, Mornay)
- Secondary sauces (e.g. Bordelaise)
- Modern style sauces (e.g. Syphon Tiramissu)
- Basic sauces (e.g. Beurre Blanc)
- Sweet sauces (e.g. Crème Anglaise)
- Basic stocks (e.g. White Chicken Stock)
- Emulsions (e.g. Mayonnaise, Vinaigrette)
- Fruit & vegetable coulis (e.g. Fenoul & Parsley Coulis, Raspberry Coulis)
- Hot emulsions sauces (e.g. Herb Emulsion)
- Bigarade sauce (e.g. Orange Duck Sauce)
No previous culinary experience is required to participate in this course.
This course is now fully booked. Please click on the button below to be added to the waiting list.