Sauces are the foundation of French gastronomy and many other international cuisine styles. In this course, our Le Cordon Bleu Cuisine Chef will lead you through the preparation of a number of classic and modern variations. You will learn to create an essential range of sauces, stocks, emulsions and coulis to compliment a wide variety of dishes.
Date: 30th March
Time: 9am – 4pm (may finish earlier depending on the class size)
You will learn to create an essential range of sauces, stocks, emulsions and coulis to compliment a wide variety of dishes:
- Mother sauces (e.g. Béchamel, Mornay)
- Secondary sauces (e.g. Sauce au Poivre)
- Modern style sauces (e.g. Syphon Tiramisu)
- Basic sauces (e.g. Beurre Blanc au Safran )
- Basic stocks (e.g. White Chicken Stock)
- Emulsions (e.g. Mayonnaise, Vinaigrette)
- Vegetable coulis (e.g. Fennel & Parsley Coulis )
- Hot emulsions sauces (e.g. Herb Emulsion)
- Café de Paris Butter
Course Includes: All ingredients, cooking equipment and teaching resources are provided in our practical kitchens for your use on the day. A light lunch will be included.
Location: Level 2, 52 Cuba Street, Te Aro, Wellington