Refunds of tuition fees will only be made in accordance with the following policy:
- By accepting a place in a program or course at Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute, a student enters a contract with Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute for the period of one academic year (or the length of the course if less than one year). This contract means there is an obligation to pay the fee for the year (or length of the shorter course).
- There is no automatic right to a refund of fees if a student changes his/her mind about studying at Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute.
- Students who have paid fees for a program that Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute subsequently cancels, will receive a full refund.
- If a formal withdrawal from the enrolment is received no later than 28 days prior to commencement of the program of study, 90% of the fees will be refunded.
- If a formal withdrawal from the enrolment is received less than 14 days prior to commencement of the program of study, 50% of the fees will be refunded.
- If formal withdrawal is received after the program commences, the student is not entitled to a refund of fees.
- Where exceptional circumstances necessitate withdrawal from a program of study, Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute may, after consideration of the exceptional circumstances relevant to the case, approve an appropriate refund less an administration fee of $250 and agent commission where applicable. Information to support the claim for exceptional circumstances must be supplied in writing to the Registrar of Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute.
- If a student wishes to transfer to another institute and the Enrolment Office receives notice at least 28 days prior to the commencement of the program of study, 75% of the fees will be refunded. An Offer of Place from the other institution must support the application to transfer.
- A student who has paid fees for a program and is subsequently refused an initial visa by Immigration New Zealand, will be paid a full refund less $250 for administration purposes.
- A student who has paid fees for a program and is subsequently refused an extension to an existing visa by Immigration New Zealand on the basis of poor attendance, will receive no refund.
- If a student’s permit extension is refused by Immigration New Zealand on the basis of poor performance, the student will receive a refund of only that portion of the fee which corresponds to the part of the program for which no visa is issued. An administration fee of $250 will be retained by the Institute.
- All applications for refunds must be submitted on the Application for Refund Form (available from the Enrolment Office). Supporting information must be submitted together with the form to the Enrolment Office.
- For all ‘Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute International Student Packages’ please refer to the terms and conditions of the ‘Package’.
- Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute will not pay refunds directly to international students or their agents in New Zealand. Refunds will be either sent to the institution to which the student is transferring, or to the student’s account in their country of origin.