Le Cordon Bleu Logo

Applying For Student Visa

International students coming to study at Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand must ensure their passport will not expire while they are studying here. Once you receive confirmation that you have been offered a place to study with us, you can apply for a Student Visa. To do this you need to complete an ‘Application to Study in New Zealand’ form INZ 1012 or a 'Visitor Visa Application' form INZ 1014 if you intend to study for less than 3 months.

To successfully gain your Visa you will also need:

Medical Requirements

You will be required to provide chest x-ray if:

Police Certificate

If you are over 17 years of age and intend to study in New Zealand for longer than two years you will also need to complete a police check. You do not need to submit a Police Certificate if you are applying for a student visa as a full fee paying student and the Police Certificate submitted with an earlier application was issued less than 36 months ago.

Medical and Travel Insurance Requirements

Eligibility for Health Services

International Students are not entitled to publicly funded health services during time in New Zealand. If a student receives medical treatment during their visit they will be liable for the full costs of that treatment. Full details of entitlements to publicly funded health services are available through the Ministry of Health, you can view more details on their website: www.moh.govt.nz

Accident Insurance

The Accident Compensation Corporation provides accident insurance for all New Zealand citizens, residents, and temporary visitors to New Zealand, but you may still be liable for all other medical and related costs. Further information can be viewed on the ACC website at www.acc.co.nz.

Medical and Travel Insurance

For Visa purposes, international students must have sufficient medical and travel insurance for the full term of their intended stay in New Zealand. This means the visa must be in place for the start date of their enrolment until the expiry of their student visa.

Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand can provide international students with guidance on our preferred Travel and Medical insurance policy that covers the Visa requirements set by immigration New Zealand. This policy covers you for health, travel and personal effects from your journey to New Zealand to the last date for your visa.

International Student Medical and Travel Insurance Policy

International Student Medical and Travel Insurance Claim Form

Where to apply?

You can apply for your Visa at the nearest New Zealand High Commission, Embassy, Consulate, or Trade New Zealand office with Immigration New Zealand (INZ) services. To find out more visit www.immigration.govt.nz.

Want more information?

Full details of immigration requirements, advice on rights for employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements are available from Immigration New Zealand directly, and can be viewed on their website: www.immigration.govt.nz.

Contact Us

Please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns or questions about your visa application.



Living in New Zealand