You may be considering Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand, and are interested in learning more about our entry requirements, enrolment deadlines, and the application process. This page will cover all the above information.
If you have any further questions, our dedicated admissions team are ready to assist you with your application and visa. Please contact us at email@example.com
Applicant must be at least 16 years of age at the beginning of the programme.
Secondary education as base entry qualification. The minimum academic requirement for Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Certificates, Grand Diplôme, Diplôme de Cuisine and Diplôme de Pâtisserie is a high school diploma or equivalent, and no prior culinary experience is required.
Students intending to study Diplôme avance culinaire (NZQF L5) must have first completed Diplôme de Pâtisserie / Diplôme de Cuisine, NZQF L4 qualification in a similar or related field. OR Equivalent personal, practical, professional or educational experience of an appropriate kind. (Please note a practical assessment may be required on site in New Zealand).
To enter the Bachelor of Culinary Arts and Business degree you must provide academic evidence of equivalence to New Zealand university entrance.
English language Requriements
The minimum english requirement for Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Certificates, Grand Diplôme, Diplôme de Cuisine and Diplôme de Pâtisserie is IELTS 5.0 Basic level and IELTS 5.5 Or equilivant for Intermediate and Superior level certificates.
To enter the Bachelor of Culinary Arts and Business degree you must provide evidence of IELTS 6.0 (Academic), with no band lower than 5.5 & at least 6.0 in writing OR equivalent.
Citizens of English-majority speaking countries are exempt from providing evidence of English-language proficiency.
Students who need to apply for a visa will require sufficient time to obtain the visa successfully. It can take more than six weeks after your visa application in some countries, therefore students are advised to complete their enrolment as early as possible and no later than 12 weeks prior to the start of the course. To view course start dates download Calendar and Fees
Enrollment & Application Deadlines
Things to Consider
Applicants intending to use New Zealand qualifications to qualify for employment or further study in other countries, should undertake their own research into the recognition of qualifications in their home country before committing to enrol.
Applications can be made in person at our Wellington Campus or online.
- Ensure you meet the entry criteria
- Choose your preferred course by clicking here and follow the steps.
The Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand admissions team will be in touch to confirm receipt of your application, usually within 1-5 working days.
- Download your application form
- Complete application form, sign it and attach completed form to email
- Gather and attach all supporting documents listed below:
- Scanned copy of Passport or Birth certificate
- Evidence of English proficiency (if required)
- Scan all supporting documents
- Send all scanned documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Process Explained
- The completed application form and documentation is assessed by Le Cordon Bleu
- If accepted you will receive a letter of offer including our payment details and terms and conditions.
- You must make your payment to secure your place.
- Once the payment has been received by us (some international transfers can take a number of days), we will send you an official receipt once we have received your fee payment.
- If a visa is required, you may use the receipt and offer of place to apply for a student visa at your local New Zealand Embassy or High Commission. (For more information about visa applications visit our Visa Information Page).
- Then you may begin arranging your accommodation and travel.
- Four weeks prior to course start date you will receive a “pre-departure pack” with details about orientation and course commencement.
- Orientation is mandatory for all new students. We look forward to welcoming you!