Cost: $499 per person
Location: Level 3, 52 Cuba Street, Te Aro, Wellington
This hands-on class run by prominent food photographer, Nicola Edmonds, will teach you the fundamentals of food photography.
Day 1: 9am-1pm.
- Understanding your camera and necessary equipment
- Introduction to exposure and the use of available light vs. studio/electric lighting
- Collecting props for food photography and useful equipment
- Planning and preparation for at-home food photo-shoots (home kitchen vs. Dinner party, restaurants)
** Students will then be asked to photograph their own choice of food and props at home (hot and cold) and to bring images with them to next session
Day 2: 9-5pm.
- Trouble shooting + critique of students’ images from home project
- Photo shoot on location at the School with ongoing assistance by Nicola
Students will be provided 5 dishes for the photoshoot. Following the shoot students will be invited to enjoy some of the dishes they photographed.
Requirements: Students must bring a DSLR, or SLR. A simple point and shoot camera will not suffice. Please also bring or borrow a tripod, and laptop for viewing your images, if possible. All other equipment will be provided.
This course is now fully booked. Please click on the button below to be added to the waiting list.