Date: 29th-30th of July, 2017
Cost:$499 per person
Location: Level 3, 52 Cuba Street, Te Aro, Wellington
This hands-on class run by prominent food photographer, Nicola Edmonds, will teach you the fundamentals of food photography.
Day 1: 9am-1pm.
- Understanding your camera and necessary equipment
- Introduction to exposure and the use of available light vs. studio/electric lighting
- Collecting props for food photography and useful equipment
- Planning and preparation for at-home food photo-shoots (home kitchen vs. Dinner party, restaurants)
** Students will then be asked to photograph their own choice of food and props at home (hot and cold) and to bring images with them to next session
Day 2: 9-5pm.
- Trouble shooting + critique of students’ images from home project
- Photo shoot on location at the School with ongoing assistance by Nicola
Students will be provided 5 dishes for the photoshoot. Following the shoot students will be invited to enjoy some of the dishes they photographed.
Requirements: Students must bring a DSLR, or SLR. A simple point and shoot camera will not suffice. Please also bring or borrow a tripod, and laptop for viewing your images, if possible. All other equipment will be provided.