A range of private rental properties are available through Adelaide real estate agents. These include units, flats, houses, apartments and townhouses.
It is important to note the following when making a decision about renting a property:
- Rental properties can only be secured once you are in Australia. You may be requested to provide references as evidence that you are a responsible and reliable renter.
- The price of rental properties depends on the location, style of property, amenities, condition, etc.
- Reputable real estate agents will be members of the Real Estate Institute of South Australia.
- All agents will require you to pay a bond as part of the rental agreement. This is usually the equivalent of four week's rent. This is in addition to paying at least two to four weeks rent in advance.
- If you are searching for a property somewhere close to the Le Cordon Bleu Adelaide Campus you should look in areas such as Prospect, Enfield, Clearview, Broadview, Regency Park, Croydon Park, Kilkenny, Ferryden Park, Kilburn, Allenby Gardens, Woodville and Woodville Gardens.
- We recommend that you try to look in areas that have easy access to public transport. Public transports details are available at Adelaide Metro website.
- You will find that an ‘Adelaide South Australia Directory’ is a very useful source of information about areas in and around Regency Park and Adelaide. Directories can be obtained from any newsagency or bookshop. You can also use Google Maps by typing in either Regency Park, or Adelaide in the State of South Australia.
- While your landlord is responsible for insuring buildings and contents provided as part of the rental agreement, you are responsible for insuring your personal effects e.g. computers, TVs, cameras, phones, etc. This type of insurance cover is called Renters’ Insurance and typically covers theft, vandalism, fire and public liability. It can cost as little as $10 - $15 per week.
Real Estate Agents
Adelaide is well serviced by a number of reputable real estate agents who manage rental properties.
Other Rental Options
If you wish to look for your own rental accommodation:
You are strongly advised not to rent properties or share rooms through these sites without inspecting the property and meeting prospective house mates first. Le Cordon Bleu takes no responsibility for rental arrangements through these websites.
Advertisements for rental properties also appear in the Advertiser newspaper on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
In South Australia, the Residential Tenancies Act provides the legislative framework for the renting and letting of properties. To find out more about your rights and responsibilities as a renter visit the South Australian Department of Consumer Affairs website.
CRICOS Provider Number: 02380M
RTO ID number: 4959