Le Cordon Bleu Basic Cuisine Course opens the door to the adventures and traditions of French cuisine. Students also learn how to use and integrate condiments, herbs and spices into their recipes producing a variety of flavours which complement the dishes prepared.
- French culinary terms and definitions
- Professional knife handling and diverse cuts
- Food preparation and mise en place
- Classic French techniques
- Learning foundations: stocks, sauces, forcemeats and dough
- Variation on cooking method
Introduces you to the heart of French cuisine – classic French regional dishes that reflect and exemplify the more complicated application of the techniques introduced at the basic level. Through practice and repetition, you begin to perform tasks more easily and instinctively.
- Product origins and influence on regional cuisine
- Perfecting professional kitchen skills
- More advanced technical cuts and presentation
- Seasonings and flavour appreciation
- Introduction to colour, taste and texture combination
Exposing to the evolution of French cuisine today and its integration into global contemporary cuisine, you will learn the intricacies of dishes required at the highest level of food production for contemporary and haute cuisine menus. Classical and contemporary dishes are included along with traditional and modern cooking methods and presentation, combining seasonal and global contemporary variations and influences.
- Precision and efficiency in the kitchen
- Recipe production with high quality and rare produce
- Mastery of classic “haute cuisine” and contemporary menu planning
- Mastery of presentation & decoration and development of personal creativity