Monday, September 25th to Thursday, September 28th | 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.Experience what it’s really like to study cuisine and pastry at Le Cordon Bleu Ottawa!
The introduction to pastry and cuisine will give you an idea of the full program as well as a solid grounding on what you can expect. The short course will open the doors to the adventures of French cuisine and pastry. From day one in cuisine, you begin to learn basic knife skills, vegetable cuts, basic French culinary terms and how to prepare and cook certain meats.
The pastry part will teach you the basic techniques for doughs, basic entremets like macarons, chocolate cake and seasonal fruit tarts.
This course provides a solid foundation for you to learn how to prepare a wide selection of pastries and cuisine dishes. The Chef instructor will give you step-by-step instructions and guidance. This program is designed for beginners and experienced foodies alike.What will you learn from this short course?
- Learn the current evolution of French cuisine and pastry techniques used by the Masters.
- Discover the skills and techniques required to prepare both cuisine dishes and pastries. To complete your studies, you will:
- Have up to 4 days to complete the short course
- Approximately 16 hours of Chef demonstration and practical hands on workshop
- Be at least 18 years of age. Workshop Format:
Observe, take notes, and ask questions as our Le Cordon Bleu world-renowned Chefs shares their special tips and techniques when it comes to pastry and cuisine.
You will be in one of our state-of-the art professional kitchens during the course. Here, you can try your hand at all the recipes and techniques.Tip:
Bring containers to take your creations home!Registration closes September 18, 2017