Enrolment Terms and Conditions
- Invoiced tuition fees must be paid to Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute and receipt of payment must be verified before a Receipt of Payment can be issued.
- Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute is entitled to accept all payments for tuition fees. However, if a place is not available in the intake applied for after payment has been received, every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate the student in the next available intake.
- New students must pay the full amount of all invoiced tuition fees in cleared funds, not less than eight weeks prior to the course commencement.
- Re-enrolling/continuing students must pay the full amount of all invoiced tuition fees in cleared fees, not less than six weeks prior to the course commencement.
- Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute reserves the right to review fees at any time.
- Any change in tuition fees will be advised in writing to current students and applicants, and will appear in all public, promotional and marketing materials, at least three months prior to the commencement of the study period to which they apply.
- The new fees will apply to all payments due from the published effective date.
- Tuition fees and supplementary fees will be itemised on all invoices and in the Student Prospectus.
- Where a student is required to repeat a course due to receiving a fail grade on the first or second attempt, the student will be required to re-enrol and pay the current applicable tuition fee nominated for that course, on each occasion.
- Where a student receives a not-yet competent grade for a unit of competency, on written request the student may be reassessed. Each reassessment will incur a fee of $250.
- Where course credit is granted any tuition fees paid for that course or courses shall be refunded to the applicant.
- Students electing to defer to later intakes must do so in writing no less than 28 days prior to the course commencement date. Students notifying Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute of their intent to defer to a later date less than 28 days prior to course commencement date will incur a $250 deferment fee.
- Where an applicant elects to defer commencement of a Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute course for which an Acceptance of Offer form has been signed, any tuition fees or deposits paid will be held for up to 12 months from the original commencement date, to be applied to the new commencement date. This will be on condition that the written application to defer commencement has been received from the applicant by Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute not less than 28 days prior to the original commencement date.
- Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate the applicant in a later course of his or her choice. If the fee for the course to be attended is greater than that of the course originally selected, the applicant shall pay the balance in cleared funds to Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute within a designated time frame. If the fee for the course to be attended is less than that of the course originally selected, the applicant will be refunded the balance.
- Once the 12 month period after deferment lapses the applicant would be required to re-apply with a new application for enrolment to Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute.
Payment of Fees
- On receipt of an Offer of Place from Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute the applicant is required to return the Acceptance of Offer form and proceed with FULL payment of fees.
- Where a student does not attend the student is still liable to pay all fees to Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute, unless Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute receives a formal withdrawal from the student within the relevant refund period (refer Refund Policy in this Guide).
- Anyone may make payment of a student’s fees on the student’s behalf (e.g. The student’s parents or employer) but if they fail to do so the student remains liable to pay all fees. Where someone else is paying a student’s fees their contact details must be provided so Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute may contact that person to confirm payment.
- If a student is enrolling in a program that takes more than one academic year to complete, the student must enrol on a yearly basis and fee information for each year will be available before the student enrols.
- Any student refusing to pay fees after requests have been made in writing to the most recent address provided by the student, shall not receive any form of award or recognition of courses undertaken and shall be suspended from classes until fees have been remitted to Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute.
Application and Enrolment
- Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute reserves the right at its absolute discretion to reject, suspend or cancel any application or enrolment, and it shall be under no obligation whatsoever to give reasons for its decision unless bound to do so. Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute can, as part of the application process interview students who have applied for Le Cordon Bleu courses.
- All students are bound to comply with the conditions stated in the Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute Student Handbook which are subject to change from time to time see www.CordonBleu.co.nz.
- Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute shall be under no liability whatsoever to any student for any loss or damage, sustained at or upon the School’s premises however caused, and whether in respect of any negligent act or omission by Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute, its employees, agents or servants or otherwise.
- Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute shall be under no liability whatsoever to any student for any loss or damage, suffered by reason of the failure of Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute, its employees, agents or servants to notify the student of any risk or danger of which they had no prior knowledge nor ought reasonably to have had such knowledge.
- Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute reserves the right in its absolute discretion to review and alter the organisation and/or structure of the program at any time in accordance with its governance structures.
- If any material alteration is made before the commencement of the program Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Institute will make all reasonable efforts to notify any applicant so affected.
- It is a condition of enrolment and responsibility of the student to ensure they hold appropriate medical insurance cover.
- No student shall be entitled to use the names “Le Cordon Bleu” or “Le Cordon Bleu de Paris” under any circumstances or at any time or in any place whatsoever, whether before, during or after their program and whether as a trademark, company or trading name or otherwise, regardless of the service or products presented, with no time or geographical limitation.
- The “Le Cordon Bleu” logo (as used in this brochure) and the words “Le Cordon Bleu” are trademarks of Le Cordon Bleu International BV, registered in numerous countries throughout the world in respect of many classes of goods and services and which may also be protected in other countries by laws relating to unfair competition, passing off and/or similar concepts.