LE CORDON BLEU AUSTRALIA
Australia is Le Cordon Bleu’s academic hub, and part of an international expansion story starting in 1984 with the acquisition of Le Cordon Bleu Paris by Monsieur André Cointreau.
In the same year, Adelaide hosted the first Australian Symposium of Gastronomy, reflecting a growing confidence in the nation’s cuisine.
In 1992, Le Cordon Bleu Australia commenced operations, taking a bold new direction that would transform Le Cordon Bleu into a global education leader.
The programmes developed in Australia broadened Le Cordon Bleu’s traditional cuisine and patisserie focus, to offer higher education management training in hospitality, hotel, tourism and event management, and gastronomy.
A continuing core strength of Le Cordon Bleu’s operations in Australia is its partnership with respected tertiary education providers – this model continues to drive business expansion today.
Today, Le Cordon Bleu Australia offers vocational, undergraduate and postgraduate study programmes in its own right and in partnership with other tertiary institutions.
Each year, approximately 2,000 students from more than 20 countries study with Le Cordon Bleu Australia at its campuses in Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and Perth.
Le Cordon Bleu Australia (LCBA) is accredited as a higher education institution by the Tertiary Education Quality Standards Authority (TEQSA), and has the authority to deliver and award advanced diplomas, bachelor and master degree courses.
Le Cordon Bleu Australia Hospitality & Gastronomy Programmes:
- Bachelor of Business (Convention & Event Management)
- Bachelor of Business (International Hotel Management)
- Bachelor of Business (International Restaurant Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Food Entrepreneurship)
- Bachelor of Business (Tourism Management)
- Master of International Hospitality Management
- Master of Gastronomic Tourism (delivered online by Southern Cross University)
Le Cordon Bleu Australia (LCBA) is registered as a training organisation by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) and is accredited to deliver vocational certificate and advanced diploma courses.
Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts Programmes:
- Le Cordon Bleu Grand Diplome
- (Certificate III Commercial Cookery / Certificate III Patisserie)
- Diplome Avance de Gestion Culinaire Cuisine / Patisserie
- (Advance Diplome Hospitality Management)
Le Cordon Bleu Australia (LCBA) also has the authority to provide courses of study to students studying on an Australian student visa under the CRICOS provider code 02380M.
LE CORDON BLEU AUSTRALIA GOVERNING BODY
- Mr André J. Cointreau (Chair)
- Prof Jarlath Ronayne AM (independent)
- Prof Barry O’Mahony (independent)
- Mr Charles Cointreau
- Mr Nicholas Gurner
- Mr Rodger Griffiths
- Mr Derrick Casey
LCBA Senior Executive
- Mr André J. Cointreau (President)
- Mr Derrick Casey (Chief Operating Officer)
- Dr Philip Brown (Academic Dean)
View Le Cordon Bleu Australia's Statement of Financial Standing 2017.