Description: Campbell Direct ‘Hospitality’ is a six week course that can be taken as an afternoon module attached to Campbell’s IELTS course. Completion of the module is timed to coincide with entry dates to Le Cordon Bleu Diplôme courses.
Contents: Campbell Direct ‘Hospitality’ focuses on the functional language required for the hospitality industry in addition to general communication.In order to meet students’ English language needs in tertiary level hospitality and culinary arts programmes, the Campbell Direct ‘Hospitality’ module aims to:
- Improve overall English communication skills specifically for the context of the hospitality industry
- Increase receptive and active use of food/cooking-related vocabulary and practise functional language required when working in a kitchen/restaurant environment
- Develop listening and reading skills
- Increase the accuracy and fluency of spoken communication
- Improve the ability to cope in a range of business and academic situations