Course Date: 8th & 9th April 2017
Course Times: 8.45am – 5pm (1-hour lunch break included)
Where: Le Cordon Bleu NZ - Cuisine Kitchen, Level 2, 52 Lower Cuba Street, Te Aro, Wellington
Course Includes: All ingredients, aprons and tea towels will be provided. All cooking equipment and teaching resources are provided in our practical kitchens for your use. Lunch will be provided on both days.
This course teaches advanced cuisine techniques starting from the fundimentals such as meat preparation and taking you all the way through to advanced techniques such as molecular gastronomy.
Techniques are first demonstrated by our Master Chefs before you apply them to a number of carefully selected recipes to develop your practical abilities.
This course has been designed to improve your confidence in the home kitchen and provide an essential repertoire of skills that can be applied daily to a variety of dishes:
- Meat preparation
- Fish and shellfish preparation and cooking
- Vegetable preparation and cooking
- Introduction to cooking sous vide
- Plated dessert preparation and sorbet
- Introduction to molecular cuisine
- Meat cooking Lamb
- Slow cooking Pork Belly
- Cooking Vegetables
- Cooking poultry sous vide
- Plate Exotic fruit Ravioli with coconut jus and sorbet