Paris, October 2017 - Le Cordon Bleu, the leading Global Network of Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Institutes, announces the creation of an Introduction to New Culinary Arts Techniques programme, taught over 5 days (35 hours of training). With this new training programme, Le Cordon Bleu once again demonstrates its expertise and ability to provide innovative educational courses, in line with current trends and the way in which gastronomy is evolving.
The programme, created in its entirety by Le Cordon Bleu Paris institute’s academic Chef team, enables participants to discover and learn to master the modern technology used in the restaurant sphere today. This programme is aimed at Culinary Arts graduates, or those with 2 years of professional experience, who are keen to strengthen their skills in modern techniques and perfect their expertise in the Culinary Arts, in order to keep up to date with market trends.
Each class, practical workshop and theory, is taught in French (translated into English) at Le Cordon Bleu Paris institute. The workshops are led by Michelin-starred Chef, Éric Briffard, One of the Best Craftsmen in France (Meilleur Ouvrier de France - MOF), Executive Chef and Culinary Arts Director at the Institute, and his team. They take place between 8am and 12pm and 1pm to 5 pm every day over a four day period. The fifth day is dedicated to a programme review of each of the techniques covered and personalized evaluation with Chef Éric Briffard.
- Introduction and good hygiene practices
- Preparation of the basics and cooking
- Preparation for sous-vide and the use of different cooking techniques at a low temperature (vegetables, fish, meat, fruit)
- Comparison of cooking methods
- Bain-marie with immersion circulator, steam/forced air combi-oven
- Techniques for foams in cuisine and pastry
- Playing with textures: introduction to basic molecular cuisine techniques
- Gastronomic decoration
- Smoking with and without smoke
- Dried fruit and vegetables
- Plating dishes and presentation
- Touching upon cryogenic cuisine
To register for this programme you must:
- Be a Culinary Arts graduate, or have a minimum of 2 years professional experience
- Provide a CV
- This continuing education training programme can be carried out using the hours accumulated on a Personal Training Account
Training programme cost: €1 890 (including registration fees, equipment and tastings)
Certificate awarded: At the end of the training programme, participants will be awarded an Introduction to new culinary arts techniques Certificate