The Le Cordon Bleu Industry Engagement team is focused on providing you with the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviours to manage your life, lifelong learning and work in an autonomous and planned manner.
This is achieved by offering a range of career development services and resources including:
- Assistance in sourcing Work Integrated Learning Placements (WIL)
- Personal and professional support during Work Integrated Learning Preparation and Placement stages
- Support in developing student's awareness of the opportunities available within the hospitality industry, as well as developing the skills to manage your career
- Coordination of Work Integrated Learning workshops to assist students in developing Career Communication skills e.g. resume and job application writing, interview preparation and goal setting
- Opportunities for you to network with industry and gain professional experience through career fairs and industry networking events.
Work Integrated Learning
Work Integrated Learning is an integral part of Le Cordon Bleu study programmes. It provides an opportunity for you to apply the knowledge and skills you have gained in classroom contexts to the workplace, and to reflect upon your personal strengths and future career aspirations. Work Integrated Learning opportunities also enable you to start building your industry reputation and professional networks.
Work Integrated Learning is incorporated into all Le Cordon Bleu Australia study programmes:
- Culinary Arts programmes (six months)
- Bachelor Degree programmes (two blocks of six months)
- Master of International Hospitality Management programme (six months)
All Work Integrated Learning experiences provide exposure to the hospitality and food-related industries by providing you with the opportunity to work in environments such as world class hotels, resorts, kitchens, restaurants, convention centres and small to medium food and wine businesses. Your particular experience(s) will depend upon your programme of study, previous work experience, career goals, passions and preferred placement destination.
All Work Integrated Learning experiences are academically assessed, and successful completion is necessary in order for you to achieve qualifications.
Le Cordon Bleu has developed strong partnerships with hospitality organisations across Australia and internationally to facilitate students' Work Integrated Learning programmes. In Australia, this industry network includes destinations such as far North Queensland where the majestic Great Barrier Reef draws tourists from across the globe to regional destinations such as Alice Springs and Broome and the cosmopolitan cities of Melbourne, Sydney and Perth. Internationally, opportunities exist for Le Cordon Bleu students in Dubai, Canada, Singapore, Hong Kong, Scotland and the USA to name just a few. (Note: you are required to organise your own visas for overseas destinations, if applicable.)