Accelerate your culinary ambitions with our Fast Track Diplôme de Cuisine, which teaches the same knowledge of classic cuisine techniques as our nine-month diploma but through a condensed six-month structure.
Develop your skills in gourmet cuisine and learn to create dishes of exceptional taste and presentation. You will gain knowledge from our team of classically trained Master Chefs who possess years of experience working in Michelin-star restaurants and the industry’s finest kitchens.
Demonstrations of classic cuisine techniques are also led by our Master Chefs, each followed by practical sessions in our award-winning kitchens where you will be tasked with replicating what has previously been shown. Technical classes are scheduled throughout the programme to provide a theoretical understanding of ingredients and key subjects to support your practical knowledge.
The Basic and Intermediate levels of this diploma are completed in three months, with the Superior level completed through a further three months of study.
Basic Cuisine opens the door to the mastery of classic cuisine techniques. From day one, you begin to develop the basic skills: from how to hold a knife properly, peel vegetables and truss a chicken. As the term progresses, techniques become more complex. Students learn how to use and integrate condiments, herbs, and spices which complement the dishes prepared. As a solid grounding in basic cuisine, this programme is for beginners and experienced students alike.
• Classical French Cuisine Culinary Techniques
• Kitchen Management 1
• Implementing Health, Safety and Hygiene Procedures
• Introduction to Basic Wine Knowledge
• Introduction to Basic Cheese Knowledge
• demonstrate fundamental basic cuisine preparations and cooking techniques including:
- knife skills
- basic classical vegetable cuts
- fish filleting skills
- elementary butchery skills
- basic stocks and derivatives
- elementary sauces and emulsions
- basic doughs e.g. pasta and puff pastry
- introduction to plating presentation
- basic plated desserts for restaurants
- elementary methods of cooking e.g. braising, pan-frying, boiling, deep-frying, roasting, and steaming
• identify French culinary terms
• achieve the Level 2 award in food safety
• follow health, safety and hygiene regulations
• identify basic wine knowledge
• identify basic cheese knowledge
• develop personal kitchen organisation and management skills
The Intermediate Cuisine programme introduces you to classic French regional dishes and European cuisine techniques, through which you will apply the techniques introduced during the basic level programme. Through practice and repetition, you begin to perform tasks instinctively and with greater ease. Intermediate Cuisine emphasises the importance of mise en place: understanding, organisation and production. Demonstrations highlight various kinds of presentations from platter to plate, and become more menu-oriented, incorporating elements such as planning and timing.
• French Regional Cuisine
• Light Cuisine and Vegetarian Cuisine
• Canapés and Finger Food Buffet Work
• Kitchen Management 2
• Implementing Health, Safety and Hygiene Procedures
• Regional Wine Knowledge
• Cheese Production Knowledge
• European Culinary Techniques and Cuisine
• implement all the basic techniques learned and apply them to fundamental European regional cuisine and culinary techniques including:
- developing specific knife skills
- preparing live shellfish
- methods of preserving
- developing butchery skills and fish filleting
- participating in large canapés team production
- compile classic and modern plating presentations
- sweet and savoury hot soufflé
- developing sauce knowledge
- practicing cooking methods
- identifying specific European techniques and cuisine
follow health, safety and hygiene regulations
• describe regional wine knowledge
• describe cheese production knowledge
• extrapolate personal kitchen organisation and management skills
During the Superior Cuisine programme, which culminates in our Diplôme de Cuisine, you will learn about the current evolution of worldwide cuisine techniques. Full menus are inspired by trends from today’s top kitchens. The ingredients are richer and more refined, exposing students to working with rare and high-quality items. Now well-versed in classic culinary skills, you are encouraged to be more creative in both taste and presentation.
• Event Organisation and Preparation
• Complex Savoury Restaurant Contemporary Style Dishes
• Kitchen Management 3
• Health, Safety and Hygiene Procedures
• Wine and Food Pairing
• Cheese Beyond Taste
• Extended personal creativity and discipline (mystery basket)
• Readiness for working in industry (Student Event)
• demonstrate a wide range of fundamental classical and contemporary cuisine techniques including:
- extending cooking techniques
- advanced butchery skills
- specific preparation and cooking skills for vegetables and garnishes
- elaborating world flavours and texture techniques
- expressing personal cultural ingredients and flavours
- cooking to order
- seasonal and market influences on cuisine
• meet health, safety and hygiene regulations
• analyse wine and food pairing
• discover cheese beyond taste
• establish personal kitchen organisation and management skills
Superior level students host a seated event as part of our Diplôme de Cuisine. Teamwork, organisation, execution, and creativity are tested as students work together to produce items with high-quality appearance and taste. The event allows students to demonstrate the skills they have acquired during their diploma, provide a taste of working in the industry and also contributes to students’ overall grade. Our cuisine event is unique to the London campus' superior programme and the superior cuisine certificate is equivalent to Level 4 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
During study of our Basic and Intermediate levels, lessons are scheduled Monday to Saturday between 8am and 9.30pm, with a typical day comprising two occurrences of a demonstration and practical session held back-to-back. At Superior level, classes are scheduled with students of our nine-month diploma due to a greater focus on team events and exercises.