Cool Summer Rice
A quintessential part of summer dining in Thailand, especially in the Central regions, Khao Chae is a much-loved and traditionally seasonal dish during the months of April and May. Learn to craft the delicate sweet and savory condiments that accompany the fragrant jasmine rice in water.
On the Agenda:
- Smoked Jasmine water
- Shrimp Paste ball
- Sweet Preserved Chinese Radish
- Stuffed Shallots
- Batter for deep-frying
- Stuffed Green Peppers
- Sweetened Pork Threads
- Vegetable Condiments
- Assembly and presentation
The workshop is held for a small group that gives participants a chance to work closely with our Chef. After your practical session, you will have a chance to enjoy tasting with Chef.
Date: Wednesday 21 - Thursday 22 March 2018 (Application Deadline: 14 March)
Time: 09:00 - 16:00 hrs.
Duration: 6 Hours / Day
Difficulty Level: 3 (1: Beginner, 2: Intermediate, 3: Advance)
Language: All workshops are conducted in English with Thai translation
*unless all participants are Thai and request our Chef to conduct in Thai language
Included in the price:
- A 6-hour practical session (not inclusive of a 1 hour break), all ingredients, a recipe folder with notepad, pencil, apron and hat.
- It is not recommended for pregnant women to participate in the practical workshops due to the risk of slipping in the kitchens
- While no prior knowledge is required for this course, it is recommended for cooks with some experience, dedicated amateur cooks and those seeking to further their culinary skills. All of the food created during the session are yours to take home with you.
This course is now fully booked. Please click on the button below to be added to the waiting list.