2016 WSET®Level 1 Award in Wines (QCF)
This is an introductory qualification providing a straightforward introduction to wine. It is ideal for boosting the confidence of those people who are new to wine, or those seeking to enter the hospitality or wine trade. Taught in an interactive manner, this intensive one day program guides students through theoretical and practical learning activities. At the completion of the day, students will sit for the WSET Level 1.
- What is wine?
- Styles of wine
- Grape varieties
- Introduction to wine making
- Introduction to WSET systematic approach to wine tasting
- Wine service and professional responsibility
- Introduction to food and wine matching
- How to gain the qualification You must successfully complete:
○a 45 minute multiple choice paper of 30 questions (Pass mark: 70% or above)
○a food and wine matching exercise (to be completed in class)
○a portfolio of tasting notes (to be completed in class) Results of examinations will be mailed to students approximately 2months following the course. Successful candidates will receive a WSET® certificate and pin badge. Unsuccessful candidates will have the opportunity to resit their exam.
- Re-sits for ExaminationsIn the event of a student failing their examination, they will be able to apply to re-sit their examination. Re-sit Fee: 10,000yenTime: To be advised when examination results are mailed to students.
- Course Instructor: Richard Dawson Scottlan EdinbarghHe gained the WSET® Level 4 Diploma in Tokyo in 2005. He is the owner of wine bar Parabola in Nishi Azabu and The Devil in the Grape wine company.
- Prerequisites:As a part of this class alcohol will be served so students should be aged 20years or over. For those students enrolling in courses delivered in English, students should be native speakers or have a recommended minimum score or IELTS 5.0, TOEFL iBT 60 or TOEIC over 800 points or equivalent.
Additional Date and Time Information
- Venue : Tokyo Campus
- Course date : February 21(Sun), 2016 * Next scheduel hasn't been decided yet.
- Course time : 9:30-18:00
- Language : all classes are taught in English only
- Course fee : 39,800yen *Course fee includes WSET ® Level 1 Award in Wines English text book, examination fee (10,000yen), tasting of wines, and food tasting samples
- Applications Close : February 3 (Wed), 2016
- How to apply: Online only
- Payment:All online applications are payable by credit card only.
Copies of the student text will be forwarded to students one week prior to the date of the class. (Only domestic) Students who have not received their text book by this date should notify Student Service on firstname.lastname@example.org
- For the purpose of WSET Examination registration, students are also required to register their full name, date of birth and email address at the time of payment.
- If you are coming from abroad please notify the school at the time of application as it may impact sending of text book.
- When making your application, please be sure to use the name you would like on your certificate. You will be requested to bring photo ID matching this name on the day of the exam.
On the day of the class
The classroom will be open 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. Students are required to bring pencils/pens and the WSET® Level 1 Textbook which was sent. Cameras are permitted, however movie or voice recorders are not permitted at any time.
In the event of unforeseen circumstances such as extreme weather conditions, teacher illness or other urgent circumstances, changes to the class schedule may occur・For continual lesson development purposes, minor changes may be made to class content. In the event of students causing any disruption to teachers, staff or other students, Le Cordon Bleu reserves the right to ask students to leave the class. ・If minimum student numbers for classes are not reached, the course may be cancelled. In the event of course cancellation, students will be advised one week prior to the course commencement date.