Le Cordon Bleu's teaching methods are unrivalled and are based on learning and understanding classical cooking techniques through practice and discipline. Once mastered, these techniques can be applied to any cuisine in the world.
Our Superior Cuisine certificate combines demonstration classes and hands-on practical classes. In these last three months of training, you will be prepared by our team to start your professional career
Superior Cuisine Certificate - Overview
- Demonstrate a wide range of fundamental classical and contemporary cuisine techniques including:
- extending cooking techniques
- advanced butchery skills
- specific preparation and cooking skills for vegetables and garnishes
- elaborating world flavours and texture techniques
- expressing personal cultural ingredients and flavours
- cooking to order
- seasonal and market influences on cuisine
- Meet health, safety and hygiene regulations
- Analyse wine and food pairing and discover cheese beyond taste
- Personal kitchen organisation and management skills
- World Culinary Techniques and Cuisine
As a Superior Cuisine student, you will host a seated event, as part of our Diplôme de Cuisine. Teamwork, organisation, execution, and creativity are tested as students work together to produce items with high-quality appearance and taste. The event allows you to demonstrate the skills you have acquired during your diploma, provide a taste of working in the industry and also contributes to students’ overall grade. Our cuisine event is unique to the London campus superior programme.