Campuses in EuropeCampuses in The AmericasCampuses in AsiaLe Cordon Bleu International
Contact your local representative
- Online Learning
- Our Story
- News & Events
- Find Course
Fancy a little French romance? Check out Le Cordon Bleu Australia's recipe for heart-shaped sable mille feuille.
Originating in the city of love, mille feuille means “a thousand layers”. Le Cordon Bleu Sydney chef Gert Knudsen says this simple, yet delicate dessert is a mouth-watering way to say ‘I love you’ a thousand times.
“It’s sweet, it’s delicious and has a chocolate pastry cream filling between the layers...how could you go wrong?" Chef Gert says.
Pop on your chef’s hat and put your best foot forward with a Le Cordon Bleu-approved recipe that will be sure to impress your loved ones.
1. Mix butter and sugar together, then add yolks, one at a time.
2. Add zest, vanilla and salt, then fold in the flour until a dough forms.
3. Cool in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. Once chilled, remove from fridge and roll out dough to 3mm thick. Cut out using a heart shaped cookie cutter. This will make up to 12 hearts.
4. Bake at 175 degrees, until golden brown.
5. Pour milk into a saucepan and bring to boil.
6. In a separate bowl, whisk yolks, sugar and cornflour together. Add to hot milk and cook for two minutes.
7. Add soaked gelatine, chocolate and butter and whisk together.
8. Allow mixture to cool.
9. Whip thickened cream and fold into mixture.
10. Transfer the diplomat cream to a piping bag and pipe dollops onto one of the sable biscuits.
11. Place a second heart shaped sable biscuit on top then repeat the process. J’adore!
Optional: Decorate your hearts with edible flowers lightly sprinkled over the scream dollops, and top with mini fondant roses, available from the baking section of your local supermarket.
Copyright © 2023 Le Cordon Bleu International B.V. All Rights Reserved.