Tagliateli alla Gamberi
Tagliatelle is described as a long, ribbon-like pasta that suits thick dressings. With a recipe prepared by Chef Thierry Le Baut, Technical Director, prepare your tagliatelle with a flavorful, rich relish topped with finely-cooked prawns.
Olive oil 100mL
Prawns (6pcs) 200g
Tagliatelle pasta 100g
Preparing the Tagliatelle pasta:
- Fill a pot with water, and bring it to a boil.
- Once boiling, add some salt and the Tagliatelle pasta.
- Cook the pasta 2 minutes less of the recommended time on its package.
- Once nearly cooked, drain and set aside.
- Thoroughly rinse the prawns. Peel the prawns and remove its head, shell, and tail. Set aside the peeled prawns, heads, and shells.
- Devein it by making a slit along the middle part of its back, then pulling the vein off with a small knife.
- Chop the garlic. Set aside.
- Place the prawns’ heads and the shells in a pot with the 100mL of oil. Allow it to infuse at 65-70°C for 20 minutes.
- Pass the infused oil through a strainer, and get 50mL of oil from it. Set aside.
- In a pan, toast the garlic with the 50mL of infused oil until slightly brown.
- Add the prawns, and saute it with the garlic.
- Pour the 80ml of water into the pan.
- Add the cooked Tagliatelle pasta.
- Using a pair of tongs, toss the pasta and mix it with the prawns and garlic.
- Add the chopped parsley. Mix well.
- Transfer the Tagliateli alla Gamberi on a serving plate.
- You may also add a bit of the remaining infused oil on the side to add more flavor.
Serves one **