1. Pickled cucumber: Cut the cucumber into 5 cm lengths and turn. Sprinkle with sea salt and leave for 30 minutes. Add the white wine vinegar, lemon juice, caster sugar and white peppercorns to a pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
2. Rinse and dry the salted cucumbers. Pour over the cooled pickling vinegar, add half the dill and leave for 1 hour.
3. Cabbages: In a heavy bottom pan, add a little oil and heat. Then add the rashers of streaky bacon and colour gently until caramelized. Remove the bacon from the pan. Add the sliced shallot to the pan and sweat in the fat until translucent. Return the bacon back to the pan, add the cabbages and cook until the cabbages are soft.
4. Add the vermouth, water, mustard, thyme sprigs and allspice. Bring to a simmer, then add salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and place in the oven for 20 minutes at 180° C, until the cabbages are tender. Remove from the oven, add the lingonberries and reserve.
5. Garnish: Cut the potatoes into 5 cm lengths and turn. Add to simmering salted water. Once cooked, remove from the water and drain. Chop the remaining dill and to the potatoes.
6. Cod: Lightly salt the cod and leave for 20 minutes.
7. In a pan, heat a little oil. Pat the cod dry then pan fry on the skin side. Cook until golden, then turn and repeat on the other side.
8. To serve: Dress the plate with the cabbages, potatoes and the cucumbers. Remove the fish from the pan and add to plate with some of the cabbage cooking liquor.