Muscadine Truffles Recipe
Milk chocolate 225g
Grand Marnier (orange liqueur) 30g
Praline paste 30g
Icing sugar 200g
Dark chocolate 200g
Making the Ganache
- Heat 100g of cream in a saucepan.
- Place the milk chocolate in a mixing bowl, and gradually add the heated cream.
- Mix together using a rubber spatula until smooth.
- Add 30g of praline paste to the ganache. Mix well.
- Add 30g of Grand Marnier to the mixture. Set aside until slightly firm.
- Once firm enough, place the mixture into a piping bag with a 12mm nozzle.
- Pipe 5cm long pieces of the mixture onto a baking tray. Place in the refrigerator to set.
Tempering the Dark Chocolate
- Heat and melt ⅔ of the dark chocolate in a double-boiler.
- Use a digital thermometer to see that the temperature of the melted chocolate reaches 50°C. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add the remaining ⅓ of the dark chocolate into the melted chocolate, and stir until the temperature reads 29°C. Mix well.
- Reheat the dark chocolate mixture until it reaches 31°C, using the same double-boiler technique previously indicated.
- Once the ganache mixture is set, take out from the refrigerator and coat with the tempered dark chocolate.
- Roll each one over icing sugar.